Make 'em Squeal
Iowans sent me to Congress with a specific mission: cut wasteful spending and make Washington squeal.
We both know that Washington’s reckless spending is spiraling out of control, and today, we are more than $22 trillion dollars in debt! That means every Iowan’s share of the national debt exceeds $67,000.
Rather than using those hard-earned dollars for education, food, or agricultural needs, Iowans are forced to pay for Washington’s repeated reckless spending habits. We must put an end to this radical spending.
I take seriously the responsibility you have entrusted in me to make Washington more competent and less wasteful.
Please click on the links below to read more about my work to make 'em squeal in Washington.
My Efforts To Make 'Em Squeal
- FREE Veteran Act
- Stop Wasteful Advertising by the Government (SWAG) Act
- Defense Storage and Supply Efficiency Improvement Act
- Ernst: On Taxpayers’ Dime, Pentagon Buys Chinese Computers Vulnerable to Hacking
- Taxpayers Right-To-Know Act
- Strategic Withdrawal of Agencies for Meaningful Placement (SWAMP) Act
- Bogus Bonus Ban Act
- Currency Evolution Now To Save (CENTS) Act
- In Light of Out-of-Control Spending By the Pentagon, Ernst Calls for Disclosure of Costs for DoD Projects
- End-of-Year Fiscal Responsibility Act
- In the Spirit of March Madness, Ernst, Braun, Lankford, and Paul Participate in ‘Tournament of Government Waste’
- Cost Openness and Spending Transparency (COST) Act
- Presidential Allowance Modernization Act of 2019
- Billion Dollar Boondoggle Act
- Senator Ernst Pushes for Bold Changes to the Broken Budget Process
- Senator Ernst: “The people of Iowa elected me to come to Washington to be their voice and to instill much needed fiscal responsibility”
- Ernst Calls for Fix to Dysfunctional Budget Process
- Political Appointee Burrowing Prevention Act
- Ernst Named to Bipartisan Joint Select Committee to Reform Budget Process
- Earmark Elimination Act
- Stop Questionable, Unnecessary, and Excessive Allowances for Legislators (SQUEAL) Act
I am constantly researching and identifying areas of waste, abuse and inefficiencies. In turn, I will be giving out my Squeal Award each month, which recognizes a Washington expense, program or concept that has proven to be wasteful and must be cut. Iowans simply should not be on the hook for these reckless spending habits.
By highlighting this out of control waste, we can work to hold Washington accountable. Please take a look at this month’s Squeal Award and find other award recipients below.
Do you have an example of government waste or inefficiencies that I should take a look at? Send me an email by clicking here.