Ernst, who voted to pass the trade deal in the Senate last week, has been a relentless advocate for the USMCA
Jan 22 2020
WASHINGTON – After fighting relentlessly for more than a year to force House Democrats to finally move on the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), and after voting to pass the trade deal out of the Senate last week, today U.S. Senator Joni Ernst (R-IA) joined Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA), president pro tempore of the Senate, for the official bill enrollment ceremony to send the USMCA to the president’s desk for his signature.
**Click here or on the images below to download B-Roll video and high quality photos of today’s ceremony.
Video of Senator Ernst’s remarks and B-Roll footage of today’s ceremony.
Senator Joni Ernst has been a relentless advocate for more than a year on behalf of Iowans when it comes to passing the USMCA.
- January 16, 2020: Ernst votes to pass USMCA on the Senate Floor.
- January 14, 2020: As USMCA advances in the Senate, Ernst reiterates Iowans’ strong support of the trade deal.
- January 14, 2020: Ernst helps move USMCA out of Senate Environment and Public Works Committee.
- December 10, 2019: Ernst applauds Trump Administration for reaching deal with the House on USMCA.
- December 4, 2019: On one year anniversary of the USMCA, Ernst amped up pressure on the House to move on the deal.
- October 28, 2019: Ernst outlines in a column in The Gazette that House Democrats need to move on the USMCA.
- October 23, 2019: Ernst says House Democrats need to do their job, pass USMCA.
- September 27, 2019: Ernst and fellow Iowans call on Congress to pass the USMCA.
- September 24, 2019: Ernst: 298 days later, House Democrats still stalling on the USMCA.
- September 12, 2019: Ernst brings Iowans’ voices to Washington to pass the USMCA.
- September 9, 2019: On her 99 County Tour, Iowans consistently told Ernst they want the USMCA now.
- July 30, 2019: Ernst says Iowans need the USMCA.
- July 16, 2019: Ernst says USMCA will be a “shot of positive energy” for Iowa’s farmers and manufacturers.
- June 5, 2019: Ernst urges action on USMCA.
- May 21, 2019: Ernst to House Democrats: let’s move on USMCA.
- May 1, 2019: Ernst joins Bloomberg TV an says “we want to move ahead with USMCA.”
- April 20, 2019: Ernst joins Varney & Co. to call on House to support USMCA.
- November 30, 2018: Ernst says Trump fulfills another promise with signing of USMCA.
- October 8, 2018: Ernst applauds USMCA trade agreement.
- October 2, 2018: Ernst joins CBS This Morning to discuss USMCA.
- October 1, 2018: Ernst says the USMCA trade deal is “welcome news for Iowa farmers and ranchers.”