For Iowans with questions about COVID-19, a public hotline is available 24/7: just call 2-1-1.
Our seniors, and those individuals with ongoing health risks or conditions, are a top priority right now.
If you are at a higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19, it is extra important for you to take actions to reduce the risk of getting sick.
- Stock up on supplies.
- Take everyday precautions to keep space between yourself and others.
- When you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact and wash your hands often.
- Avoid crowds as much as possible.
- Avoid cruise travel and non-essential air travel.
- During a COVID-19 outbreak in your community, stay home as much as possible to further reduce your risk of being exposed.
Expanded Telehealth Services
At the federal level, President Trump and his administration have taken key steps to make sure our seniors are taken care of, including expanding Medicare’s coverage to include telehealth nationwide. This is critical to all those who need to access care from home.
I would also like to encourage elderly Iowans to watch the video below from the CDC.
Click here or the image above to watch the video.
More on COVID-19
|9/10/20||Ernst Supports More COVID Relief, Democrats Let Politics Get in the Way|
|8/4/20||Ernst Hears Directly from Iowans, Discusses Work for Small Businesses|