I have the great honor of serving on the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry, which is the authorizing committee for most farming, conservation and nutrition programs.
In addition, I serve as the chair of the Rural Development and Energy subcommittee, which oversees numerous programs in the rural development mission of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), including economic recovery as well as job and business growth; telecommunications and utilities; electrification; loans; housing; and improving renewable energy and energy efficiency for farms and ranches.
We receive many questions regarding the Farm Bill, which was crafted in the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry before I came to Congress. The links below have more information on the details of this important legislation, and the programs within it that can be useful to farmers, landowners, and others.
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry
- 2014 Farm Bill
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Topics within the USDA
- Farm Service Agency office in your County
- Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- Iowa Nutrient Reduction Strategy
- Iowa State University Extension
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- United States Trade Representative (USTR)
- Army Corps of Engineers
- Agricultural Operations under Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
For any additional questions or services, please contact my agricultural expert at (515) 284-4147.