Combating Sexual Assault
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Sexual assault is a horrendous crime, and we must work to ensure there is zero tolerance for it in our society. We won’t tolerate it in gyms, we won’t tolerate it on college campuses, and we won’t tolerate it in the military. Period. Additionally, we must develop and enforce policies to prevent sexual assault from happening in the first place.
During Sexual Assault Awareness Month, I hope you’ll join me in raising awareness so we can work to change the culture surrounding sexual assault in our society.
Learn more about my efforts to combat sexual assault by clicking on the links below.
- Column: Ernst: Military must do more to end sexual assault
- Ernst requests Air Force consider implementing buddy pair system to help combat military sexual assaults
- Ernst Stressed Need for Cultural Changes at Hearing Over Marines United Website
- Ernst leads bipartisan military sexual assault victims empowerment act
- Ernst seeks help for military sex abuse victims
- Defense bill will include McCaskill-Ernst Military Retaliation Prevention Act
- Column: Improve response to sexual assault in military
- McCaskill & Ernst take next step to curb sexual assault in the military, aiming to protect survivors from retaliation
- Several Ernst measures included in National Defense Authorization Act Markup
- NDAA passes Senate, 21 Ernst measures included
- BREAKING: Defense bill to include McCaskill-Ernst bipartisan plan to further curb sexual assault in military
- Ernst praises final passage of NDAA, heads to President’s desk
- Ernst Calls for Passage of Bill to Protect U.S. Athletes from Sexual Abuse
- Senators Introduce Bill Requiring U.S. Amateur Athletic Organizations, Members to Report Sexual Abuse
- Sen. Ernst calls for bill to protect athletes from sexual abuse
- Bipartisan Coalition of Senators Renew Legislation to Combat Sexual Assault on College & University Campuses
- To combat campus sexual assault, republican leaders and sexual assault survivors join Senators Gillibrand and McCaskill to renew push for Senate to pass Campus Accountability and Safety Act
- Ernst and Grassley back bill designed to cut sexual assault on college campuses